CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 10, 2011

Mama-Mac vs. The Hospital

First, Mama-Mac must NOT know that I blogged about this. She would kill me.

Friday night about 11:30pm, Jeff and I were in bed watching TV and his phone rang. It was UC stating that Mama-Mac was in the floor and he needed help. EMS was on the way! Yikes! Jeff hopped up, threw on clothes, and tore out on the Polaris. I  dressed even though I couldn’t leave the house since the girls were asleep. Stephanie called and came to sit with the girls. That was a big help.

Turns out that Mama- Mac woke up feeling funny, walked towards the bathroom, felt her legs go jelly-ish, and she knew to lie on the floor. She called for Daddy-Mac who called 911. I have to give Daddy-Mac an A+ for the way he responded. First responders and EMS arrived within minutes. At that time, other than being scared and cold, Mama-Mac was ok. She was very alert. They took her to Milledgeville. Jeff and I went home to be with the girls since things looked like they would be ok.

The ER did many tests that all turned out ok. However, for whatever reason they decided to admit her for the day. This is where things began to go South, FAST! Mama- Mac did NOT like the idea of staying. She was going home and she meant it, and she let the hospital know it. She lost, they won, she stayed.

They kept her on oxygen (which she hated), they hooked her an IV that made her virtually immobile (strike 2), and they did a lot of tests. (strike 3)

The doctor came in around 7:30pm Saturday night. Keep in mind that Mama-Mac is expecting this doctor to release her and send her home- right away. The doctor instead informed her that it appeared she had suffered a silent heart attack and would need to be transported to Macon right away. Oh Boy! Not what Doris was expecting to hear. Apparently the doctor is an equal match for Mama-Mac and they began a power struggle right there. I would call this battle a draw because Mama-Mac won the not being transferred and the doctor won keeping her in the hospital. (Let’s just say the match went far enough that there was discussion of signing ADO orders.) Mama- Mac has told everyone that the doctor had long, stringy hair and that she wanted to snatch her by the hair and sling her around the room. LOL, I could not make that up!

Sunday, after some medication, Mama-Mac was more resigned to following doctor’s orders. They agreed that she would have a stress test on Monday in Milledgeville, and if it showed a need for further treatment, she would then be transferred to Macon. In fact, she is likely taking the test now. She was nervous.

Daddy-Mac has been one pampered man since Friday. I will be taking his lunch over in a bit.

I will keep you posted on Mama-Mac. Right now, it’s just wait and see. Pray for her to get well soon. She is not the best patient.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love moma Mac,so please keep us informed. Prayers are headed that way... love yall ac