CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 1- 30 Day Blog Challenge

I am kinda bored with my regular "what we did today" format for the blog. I promise I will continue to tell you what we are up to and post regualr pictures, but I want to change it up a bit, too. (That's why I started the family interviews.)

I am also starting a 30 day blog challenge. I will post about a specific topic for 30 days. I will try to do it 30 days in a row....but in reality, it will be more like 30 days when I get around to them.

Anyway...

Day 1- Favorite Song
I don't really have a favorite song. I much prefer the radio or PAndora. I really love Pandora, actually. Music is not a great passion for me. I like to have some playing, but I don't like to commit to a song. Confession: I have not bought a CD for myself in over 10 years and I have NEVER (never) downloaded a single song from iTunes. I cannot commit to the .99 cents. JEff and Jenna have music and I have theirs on my iPhone for those times when I need music and can't get Pandora. (read never)

So what do I listen to on the radio or Pandora? In my car and bathroom the radio is tuned to 104.7 The Fish. Always. If I leave the Fish area in the car, I turn on XM and listen to 32- The Message. (I also listen to XM during Christmas because The Fish does ALL Christmas for a month and I can't take it!) If I had to chose another local radio, I have no idea what it would be. I guess 97.7 is local, but I don't love the music. Quiet seems better. On Pandora, I have several favorite stations. I mostly have Third Day and Lincoln Brewster stations. I have one for nursery rhymes for Jade, too. If you don't use Pandora, you should....really. It's free, it's good, it's easy. You can get the app on any smartphone for free or your computer.

When in Jeff's truck we listen to Xm 20 on 20. This is a way for me to keep up the music of my students. (you know, I have to stay hip.) So many times we find ourselves changing the station because the song is horrible for us to hear,...not to mention the kids. Jeff also has some fun playlists on his iPod that runs through his truck.

I like some 80s and 90s and 2000s pop and dance music. I really don't like much country. I confess I have never even heard that "badonkadonk" song that was wildly popular a few years back. Never heard it, people. Music to me has to be happy, uplifting, and make me smile. Otherwise, I turn it off and sit in quiet.

I did not even mention how much Radio Disney and "teeny" music that Jenna has me listen to. Thankfully, she was raised on The Fish and enjoys that music, too. She never complains about the music in the car. (I almost typed that she never complains in the car and that would be a lie.)

So, what can you be found jamming to?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am having a hard time leaving comments, I bet others are too! I love Motown music and silence also. Loved the random pictures! love yall, ac

Anonymous said...

Bluegrass, classical or hardcore gangsta rap. - BLM