CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm Proud That Caroline's an American

If you didn't already, please go back and sing that title Lee Greenwood style. I realize it's a stretch to rhyhme Caroline and American, but just do it. Appease me.

Moving on....I got the good news last night that Caroline is officially a citizen of the United States! I didn't know yesterday was her oath ceremony, but I am happy for her nonetheless.

Here she is taking her oath. About 20 people took the oath with her. She has worked SO hard for this day. She went about it totally the right way and that makes me proud. She has never been even 1 day in this country illegally and she has been a good, law-abiding, tax paying citizen even without her "citizenship".
I assume that most people in this room went through the same hurdles Caroline did. She had to pay LOTS (lots!) of money, wait may years, jump through a host of hurdles, and take a test. (I am sure she had to do more that I don't even know about.)
Here she is getting her certificate of Naturalization. Folks...that's a good thing right there.

All smiles.Proud to be an American....and we are proud to have her!!!

I love this one with Victoria waving the flag.

If we could bring in immigrants like Caroline, I would be on board to open the borders and flood this place. You will not find a better citizen. (mother, wife, friend, worker, or sister-in-law, either)

and don't forget that Sophie D. is in this picture, too. The girls are both dual citizens of Canada and USA. I am pretty sure that Caroline is a dual citizen, too. Right? (I love Victoria's hair done "Jade style".)

Congratulations Caroline! Welcome! I am PROUD that you are an American!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jan,
I'm very prod to be an American, and very grateful!
Thank you everyone who supported me throughout that process especially the man of my life Todd. Also a special thanks to Jenna who help me study for my test ;-)) All I have left to do is to order my US Passport.

Yes, the gils and I will all be dual Citizen. If we ever had to move to Canada than Todd will become one too. That means we can vote, have citizenship rights and work in either country.

Thank you again everyone,
Love Caroline

P.S. Next big event: Sophie D.'s birth in February!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Caroline. Thank goodness she came our way. Todd could not have found an easier person for us to love!!! That is just a fact. AC