Since today is Jenna's 9th birthday (WHAT?!), I have chosen to make this post all about her. In fact, I don't know how I will ever get all I want to say into one post.
Jenna was born January 24, 2002, after the easiest pregnancy and delivery known to man. I was never sick, never too tired, never too anything. My water broke one night (I wasn't sure that's what happened at the time.), I taught school the next day, went to the doctor after work, discovered I was having strong contractions every 2 minutes (didn't feel them), drove myself to the hospital, and had Jenna a few hours later. Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy. She weighed 8lbs, 10oz...I had been assured she was between 7 and 7.5 lbs. (darn lying doctors!) She was healthy and beautiful. She was loved from the first minute. She has been a joy ever since.
I am including a few pictures of Jenna through the years. Please forgive that some are pictures of pictures. In the effot to save time, I am not scanning old ones. (Warning: RIDICULOUS amount of pics to follow.)
Jenna's Newborn Days: From the start Jenna was a total joy. She was a rather easy baby who slept all night very early and didn't kick up too much fuss. She was allergic to my milk which was only the beginning of weird reactions that she would have. From the beginning, Jenna has never been one to get the normal case of sickness- she always gets the weird things that that lots of $$ and time to figure out. She is very healthy, though. Between 9-10 months she was running everywhere and was ALWAYS into something. She was hospitalized at 10 months for a virus.
Jenna is One:
Well, dang...these pictures won't rotate either! Anyway. We celebrated Jenna's first birthday with cake and lots of family. By one she was running everywhere and was already showing signs of being so smart. I think she looked a little like Jade at this age. (Apparently, year 1 wore me out because I didn't find too many pictures and I don't remember much. Thankfully, the digital age of photography was approaching.)
Jenna is Two:
Year two began with a party at the Farmers and Merchants bank lot. We had a huge BBQ with friends and family. This is the year that she started the Methodist Preschool and began to talk clearly. Yep, we potty trained this year, too.
Really, I have rotated this picture so many times and it won't stay upright. So sorry! Ugh!
Jenna is Three:
For year three we celebrated with a tiny gathering at the house for your birthday, but then celebrated big with lots of friends with a 3.5 pool party. She started Gatewood in the fall. I have no idea where all my pictures for this age are. I guess they are in a scrapbook in the closet. I remember that at age 3 her hair was curly and hard to comb.

Jenna is Four:
Jenna celebrated her 4th birthday with Landon at a party at The Hut. We had games, cake, and cotton candy. She took her first plane trip and made her first trip out of the country. She was the flower girl in Uncle Todd and Aunt Caroline's wedding in Quebec, Canada. Jenna also played soccer for the first time. (You will be able to tell that I got my first DSLR camera and discovered Shutterfly when Jenna turned 4. Watch out for picture bombardment.)
Jenna celebrated (although you can't tell it in this picture) our engagement. I am so thankful that she got to be there that night.
I loved the age of 4 because she became so mature and could carry on conversations with you. She began to developher own personality and could make some of her own decisions.
Jenna is 5:
For Jenna's 5th birthday, we had a garage party with crafts, a hayride, and a caricature artist. During this year Jenna was flower girl in our wedding, took her first trip to Disney World, went to the mountains with us in the Fall, she found out she would have a little sister, and she started kindergarden. She continued to play soccer and was Tinkerbell for Halloween.
I loved age 5 because Jenna's personlity continued to develop and she really matured. She was so fun at age 5. In fact, I think 5 was my favorite age.
Jenna is 6:
Six was a HUGE year for Jenna. She graduated from Kindergarden, became at big sister to Jade, had her birthday party at Sweet n Sassy, was in the beauty pageant, was Hannah Montana for Halloween, played soccer, and started first grade.
My favorite part of age 6 for Jenna was watching her love Jade. She was the sweetest big sister from the very beginning. (She wasn't always so sweet to Jeff and I during those first few days.)
Jenna Age Seven:
Jenna celebrated age 7 by getting glasses, having anoter garage birthday party, playing basketball, soccer, and cheerleading. She finally lost her two front teeth and she completed first grade. She also stated 2nd grade at a new school.
Some of my favorite moments of age seven were watching her adjust so well to her new school. I really enjoyed watching her with her friends and her sisters. She was so sweet and caring. Around age 7, she got VERY picky about her clothes and the way she looked. (this wasn't exactly new.)
Jenna Age 8:
Age 8 brought Jenna a party at That Pizza Place, more basketball, more soccer, Girl Scouts, more cheerleading, lost of friend time and play dates, a cell phone, another new school, third grade, baptism, and Spring Break at the beach.
Jenna, You are such a JOY! You challenge Jeff and I daily to stay on our toes. You are so bright, sweet, and beautiful. We love you so much and are SO thankful that God chose us to raise you. You make us proud. Happy 9th birthday.















































1 comments:
It was sooo fun going down memory lane. I remember all stages of that special girl!! love ac
Post a Comment