CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 3- Favorite Television Show

Day 3 of the 30 Blog Challenge is about favorite television show. I don't watch a lot of television due to time, but there are a few shows that I DVR and watch when I go to bed. I hardly watch anything on live TV and that means I rarely see a commercial.

1) Young and the Restless- yep, total crap of a show, but I have watched it for YEARS. I never watch it unless the kids have gone to bed. The story lines are ridiculous and most can be so predicted. It is mindless and a waste of time. What do you do to waste time?

2) The View- a bunch of yapping women that I mostly fast forward through. Why do I watch you ask? They often have good interviews with interesting  people and they cover the news concisely and with all view points covered. (unlike the national news which is over a bunch of spin and unbalanced opinions)

3) Oprah- She has such a powerful voice and huge following. I so hate that she denouced Jesus as the savior. Boo! I honestly delete almost every episode without watching, but I did watch when she has a really good interview. I never watch the sad, tragic shows. They depress me. I like her giveaway shows, travel shows, and the hard-to-get interviews. I do think she has done some good charitable things and is rather generous, but I am not "on her side" about everything.

4) The Middle- This is the only sitcom that I watch. I have actually only seen about 3-4 episodes. It comes on Wed nights and it is HILARIOUS! There was one episode where the parents realized that they kids had taken over their lives (sound familiar?) and they decided to take their lives back. Wow! Jeff and I could so relate. We laughed so hard and hard to back up and rewatch several parts. Hysterical folks!

5) Rarely I will catch The Batchelor, Survivor, or Jeopardy.

6) Big Brother: Jeff and I always watch this show together. It is only on for like 12 weeks a year, but we make time to watch it together.

As you can see, I watch a lot of junk. Again, I mostly fast forward through it and watch as I go to sleep. Quality television is hard to come by. I admit, any time I spend watching these shows is a waste. (except maybe Jeopardy)

What are you favorite shows?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG. I did not know Oprah doesn't believe in God!!

Hope said...

Would have to be a toss up between Burn Notice and White Collar

Anonymous said...

thought Oprah was a Christian. I watch Modern Family, The Good Wife, Mad Men, and just recently caught the first episode of Kathy Bates new show ____'s Law. Very cute

Anonymous said...

Oprah, Springer, Night Calls. - BLM