CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday Night At Home

It is COLD and RAINY and NASTY outside, so we are staying inside and staying warm. Jeff grilled chicken and I made some side dishes. I have had a hot bath and some hot tea. Between that and my comfy clothes, I am warm and snuggly.
Here is what the rest of the family are doing:
DSC_5395
Jade had her hair in pigtails today and she took them out this afternoon. I HAD to get a picture of her hair like this. Ha!
DSC_5396
She and Jeff are watching another dumb movie.
DSC_5399
Jenna is still on Benadryl, so she is lying in her bed watching a little Disney channel. We will be glad when this itch is TOTALLY gone. Thankfully, it is much better.
DSC_5400
This picture cracks me up. If you look closely, you will see both her iPod Touch and her cell phone. They have matching zebra cases. She had a HeyTell voice message from me on the iPod and a text message from her friend on her cell phone. Technology has invaded my 9 year old. I think I have said this before, but in case you think we give her free run on these devices, WE DON’T!
DSC_5402
Before she can send a text, she has  to get our permission. We monitor everything. Her iPod is set with monitors and blocks. (basically, it knows she is a kid. Everything is passworded and she doesn’t know the passwords.)
Funny story about the matching cases. For her birthday, I ordered her  the iPod case. Before I was able to get it for her, she looked on Amazon (with my supervision) and found a phone case she wanted to order with some b-day money. Ha! She picked the matching case to the one I had already bought. She was surprised when she saw what happened.
One last thing, Jenna made a 100 on her AR test today. She is always reading, but quit taking AR tests when she met her yearly goal back in November. I have started making her take tests again and am proud of her 100.
Tomorrow is a skating party for Jenna. I need to go to a funeral for a man in my church at 2, but I think I will still be at the party with Jenna. I am sure  the funeral will be well attended, and I won’t be missed, but I may try to go if anyway possible. I am hoping for a quiet, warm weekend. I plan to catch up on sleep, too.
What are your weekend plans?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Headed to the movie today to see the King's letters or something like that. Your Mom assures me it is a good movie. I hope Jenna is all better by today.
Love Jade's hair, Ha!!!! Love ac

Anonymous said...

Waiting on Sophie D.....
39 weeks today, I really thought she would have been here by now.... Please put us in your prayers for this weekend "smooth & easy" delivery of a healthy baby.

Love Caro xxxxx