CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 24: Whatever Tickles Your Fancy- JYF

For the last few months Jenna has been attending a youth program at the Methodist church. (Called JYF- Junior Youth Fellowship) They meet from 4-6 every Sunday and they do fun activities, learn about God, and have dinner. We di not attend this church, but the program is open to anyone. There is no pressure to worship there. This works out well for us because we love our chuch, but need a youth group for our kids.

Miss Debbie, the leader, does a great job planning fun activities. I received some pictures today of the group playing "minute to win it" by being placed in groups of 4 and having to complete one of those tie- fleece quilts in one minute. Wow, that would be hard. She also does Fear Factor and other fun games. Her creativity impresses me.

Here is a picture of Jenna just before Fear Factor. I posted some pictures of Jenna from my phone a few weeks ago doing this activity. I thought this one was cute.
Each Sunday the kids have drawings for prizes, they do a little charity work, participate in plays and other churchy things, go on trips, and learn to fellowship with other believers. What's not to like about that.

Each week there are parent helpers and a family in charge of dinner. I think Jeff and I are in charge the first week in May. Send meal ideas our way, please. (cheap, easy, quick, kid- friendly)

The most recent task the kids had was a food drive. They were in competition with other Sunday school groups. As of last week, JYF had over 1000 items to donate. Woot! (Ok, so they bribed each kid who brought in 10+ items with a McDonalds Extra Value Meal coupon and a Free movie pass, but whatever works!)

I am so thankful for this opportunity for Jenna.

Ok. So this is totally a reused photo that I used earlier this week. Forgive me. I wrote this post late last week and forgot about it. Now you have some info to go along with the picture.

0 comments: