CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Welcome Home Daddy

Don’t you know he will be glad to see this face?! Ha!

DSC_0419

Jeff will return from his Walk to Emmaus later tonight. His sponsors came by and brought lots of goodies to add to his welcome. He has probably been spoiled senseless this weekend. I am excited that he has had such a great time. He deserves a break.

I called a former student, Hunter, and he should be over shortly to do some yard work. I decided to forfeit some of my money for next weekend and give Jeff the treat of some yard work done. I am sure that no one can do the job like he does, (You remember that Jeff likes to do things HIS way!) but he will appreciate the effort and having the yard look freshly mowed when he returns. His sponsors tell me that he will be tired from being on the go all weekend, so maybe this will help him relax more when he gets home. I certainly understand what it is like to come home from a trip and have to start the work of home.I know that coming home to a pretty yard would make me happy and much less stressed. This should get him through the week without having to do any yard work. He can do it HIS way next weekend. I know there are some things that he wants to do that only he can do.  Hunter is a sweet kid who works hard and I am glad that he was available on such short no notice! Now, I just hope I can show him where all of the equipment is located. Hmm, that could pose a problem, eh?!

Jeff’s sponsors, Charles and Diane, brought over these 2 HUGE fruit baskets. Jenna and I are resisting the urge to dig in.

DSC_0445

The also made this poster for Jeff with church pictures and some family pictures that she had of us. They brought us markers and the girls and I decorated it for Jeff. We hung it on the back door. She wrote the date and the walk # on the back. I think I will permanently hang it near Jeff’s clothes in the closet. He gets dressed there in the mornings and it will be a nice reminder.

 DSC_0444

(Look at Jenna in the background. What is she doing?)

DSC_0443 DSC_0442

Charles and Diane also put balloons on the mailbox and front porch. Wasn’t that thoughtful?!

DSC_0438 DSC_0433 DSC_0432

The brought chocolate for the girls, but since it is Jeff’s favorite kind, we decided to give it to him on  his nightstand.

DSC_0426

This iris was blooming in our front yard and had fallen over from its own weight. I cut it and brought it inside. I think it’s lovely. I got these Iris plants from a co-worker, Grace Childs, when I was pregnant with Jenna. I passed some along to Aunt Bonnie and over the years and we have re-landscaped, I lost all of mine. Last year, I went back to Aunt Bonnie’s and reclaimed many plants. I love plants that multiply! Especially pretty ones like this!

 DSC_0422 DSC_0421

The house is clean, supper is cooked, the laundry is done, the checkbook is balanced (he will be UBER surprised at that one), the yard will be cut, the sheets are changed- all we need now is DADDY!

Jeff, we love you and are so proud of you! Welcome home- We missed you!

0 comments: