CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Beauty AFTER the Storm

After the rains and storms of Saturday night and this morning, the day turned out beautiful. We all went to church and then Jeff and I came home. Jenna was at Justin’s and Jade went to Nonni’s. Jeff spent his afternoon pressure washing and I spent my afternoon doing NOTHING that involved the word PRESSURE. In fact, I parked myself in a lounge chair for about 2 hours and across my bed for an additional hour.

 

After that I fixed dinner. Besides the fresh peas and cantaloupe, my mom would call my dinner, “heat n eat” due to chicken strips. Well, I have one statement for her, “Get It n Growl!” Todd, you and Daddy can come to my defense on this one! After about 3rd grade (when Mama went back to school) we had fewer and fewer home cooked meals. We did not eat out a lot, but boy did we have, “get it and growl” frequently. (That means find what you want to eat and be happy with it.)

 

Tonight we went for a Polaris ride. he fields are beautiful this time of year. We enjoyed our ride after our baths.

DSC_0474

Jade did “This Little Piggy” on Jenna.

 

 DSC_0507

When we got to the back of the property where we normally head down a trail that leads back home, we found this…

 DSC_0506

Hmm, guess the rain and storms took out this big tree. You can hardly tell there was ever a trail there, but I assure there was one earlier in the week.

Jade laughed and laughed on our ride. I’m not sure what was so funny.

 DSC_0503 DSC_0502 DSC_0500 DSC_0495 DSC_0488 DSC_0484 DSC_0483 DSC_0480 DSC_0479 DSC_0476

 

DSC_0475

We saw a deer, rabbit, red birds, and 3 Bald Eagles. I have NEVER seen any eagles on our property, but I did tonight. I missed getting a picture because I was in awe just looking at them and being sure that I wasn’t seeing things. Jeff and I both saw them.

This was an end to a fabulous weekend.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of Jade laughing.

Caro