CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 19, 2010

Look Who is Home!

Charles and Diane brought Jeff home last night around 8pm. We were glad to see him and he seemed happy to see us, too. These two people are so special. I will be forever grateful for the opportunity that they have given to our family through Emmaus.

You know, I say Jeff is home. At least it LOOKS like Jeff. Nothing else is the same. It’s like Jeff- only better!

 

DSC_0446

For those of you not familiar with Emmaus, I encourage you to research it. It is a super cool experience. It is NOT a cult, NOT a “secret Society”, and NOT “ the ranch”! No one there is waiting on the “mothership” and no one drinks “poison”. It is truly a walk with Jesus and is completely Biblical. There is NOTHING fishy about it. Trust me, I would NOT STAND FOR THAT! It only seems “secretive” because 1) it is a personal walk and everyone experiences something different, 2) it is kept quiet so that future “pilgrims” will not go into it with any expectations, and, well, I forgot the last reason. Ha!

 DSC_0454

Tonight we have Ryleigh because we picked her up from cheernastics and Julie needed to go to Curry’s last soccer game in Union Point. She is such a sweet girl and we love having her. (Even though she is driving me CRAZY begging for a brownie that I am cooking for tomorrow night’s Bible study. I have to admit- they smell yummy!)

 DSC_0450

Speaking of Bible study- We are having a soup and cornbread dinner. I have cooked a pot of soup and the brownies. Instead of everyone cooking like we used to do, we are taking turns and a few people cooking each time. Sounds good to me.

DSC_0449

Jeff was very happy to come home to his chores done. He was particularly happy with the yard. I KNOW God did some work on him when he didn’t have a fit about someone else using his lawn mower. In fact, he was appreciative. (I am betting he has gone out there to check on all of his equipment. Ha! He did go in his shop to “put up his cooler” and he mentioned that Hunter put the Weed Eater in the EXACT spot that he originally had it. Way to go Hunter! I am not sure Jeff has EVER said that about me! )  He was so tired when he got home that I am glad I was able to give him that little gift.

DSC_0448

I don’t want to speak too soon, but it seems like this week is going to be somewhat calm. That is a BLESSING! Last week just about took me out! This weekend is the Beth Moore conference and I am so excited about that. I am somewhat torn about not going to Emmaus this weekend, but I had already planned the Beth Moore thing when I was invited to Emmaus. I will attend the October walk. This will give me something to look forward to.

 DSC_0447

Ok, it has literally taken me 1.5 hours to write this post. (Ok, so several interruptions were in the middle, but still)

Good night. I am going to enjoy my family now.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading about all of you, thanks!!