CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 16, 2009

Life is Grand!

No pictures today…

Just came in from cheerleading. Jenna had a make up session with the “hard, mean coach”. He works her good and I like it! She is getting better with her tumbling, etc. She has a LONG way to go.

Jade is VERY cranky today. I mean real tears and nothing makes her happy. Either she is teething or she has an earache. We will use the ear monitor after her bath to see if it’s that.

Tomorrow I will take Jenna to her asthma specialist. He has not seen her since she was formally diagnosed and had chest x-rays. I am anxious to see what he says and see if he sees/ hears improvements since the bronchitis has healed and her meds are balanced. I am confident we will get good news.

My friend, Kim, will sub for me tomorrow afternoon. She will also sub for me Thursday and Friday while I take some students to the BETA Convention. When I told my students that she would be my sub, they were very happy. I am thankful for a sub that my kids will be happy with. It’s also nice to be able to leave “real work” and not just busy work and know that it will be done correctly. I say that because I mean it and not just because Kim reads my blog. :)

Just checked Jade’s ears- clear. That’s good. I hope it’s just teething. It’s about time. She has fewer teeth than the kids in the class below her at school. She only has 2. :(

JEnna is doing her homework and then we will bathe and get some sleep. (we hope Jade sleeps!)

After school today we had a faculty meeting and guess what it was about? Asthma! There is a big movement to educate teachers and students about asthma. I didn’t really learn anything since they were just giving the basics and I have been on a mission to learn all that I can lately. I am thankful that other teachers, including Jenna’s, are learning about this disease. Before last month I knew little to nothing about asthma.

I need an emailed picture from you Todd. I would love to show off your 500+ lb elk that you killed this weekend. He looked like a nice bull from the pic on my camera. (considering I know a grand total of NOTHING about elk: unless you count the elk burgers that we grilled last month. ) So, Todd, you have 12 hours to get pics emailed so I can post on my blog and you have 14 days to have several packs of elk meat shipped to Pea Ridge (on dry ice, please).

4 comments:

Hope said...

But you don't eat meat?!

Anonymous said...

Doing my part for the "challenge"...I ready your blog every day, usually in the morning. I love reading about the girls and your family. Robyn

Anonymous said...

I read daily! - BLM

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jan so much! I enjoy my work I do in the schools, glad your students like me! Take care of my girl Lelin on the trip, make her behave. She had so much fun with yall in Orlando over the summer. I enjoy your blog each time I read it. Kim