Our family skipped church today because Jeff had to clean out the hot tub. He JUST cleaned it last week (fully drained, cleaned filter, pipes, etc) and had to do it AGAIN thanks to a certain a 7 year old.
You see, Jenna and Ry got in the hot tub Friday night. Jenna was sitting on the side (obviously I didn’t see her) and she fell off backwards into a flower pot full of dirt. (Todd, stop laughing.)
Jeff and I heard the thud and I went to check her out. She was screaming and was unrecognizable. She was COVERED in dirt. Her entire face was coated. She was panicking because the dirt was in her eye. She had to get washed quickly to prevent dirt getting stuck in her eye.
I saw 4 possible answers:
1) jump in the pool- it’s cold and dirt would get into pool
2) use water hose- again it’s cold
3) go inside- would track on carpet and probably clog drains and I had JUST cleaned bathrooms that afternoon
4) jump in hot tub- would be warm, but would clog filter, etc.
I opted for option 4. (Jeff would have opted for #2, for the record)
Crisis was averted and the dirt was rinsed. She escaped with a few bruises and a hard lesson learned.
Jeff spent several hours cleaning the hot tub and it would be senseless for me to take Jade alone as I would have to stay in the nursery the whole time. I hate to miss, but today was a must.
I slept in and then took an afternoon nap, too. When I got up from my nap I saw a bag on the counter from Nonni.
She has always given the girls an ornament for each Christmas. Aunt Carol always gave Todd and I one. (I think I need to do this for Victoria, hmm) I have a beautiful tree full of special ornaments.
This year Jeff got an ornament. It’s the Fragile box and leg lamp from his favorite Christmas Movie, “The Christmas Movie”. It is very cute. When you press the button it lights up and speaks 3 lines from the movie.
Jenna always gets a Barbie/ princess Hallmark ornament. This is this year’s. (Well, last year’s because they always buy them on sale at the end of the season.) It’s a common fact that when you look at the date on an ornament, the year that you received the ornament was actually the NEXT year.
Here is Jade’s She danced when she saw it. There is a string at the bottom and when you play it, it plays the Sugarplum Fairy Dance and the ballerina spins.
Nonni brought me a pair of jeans. I will try them on after my bath. Thanks Nonni!!!
This is usually the weekend that I put up our tree and place all of the presents under the tree. I decided to postpone and either do it next weekend or sometime this week.
It may seem early to decorate, but it works for me.
1) I have a LOT of money tied up (not all my $$$) in decorations and I think they should be enjoyed as long as possible.
2) My goal is that when the Thanksgiving dishes are put away Christmas is ready. Gifts bought and wrapped, decorations up, plans made, etc. Santa could come to our house Thanksgiving night if he wanted to.
3) I waited one year and did Christmas during Christmas season- NIGHTMARE. I was so rushed and miserable. I vowed to NEVER do that again.
4) I like the way the house looks when decorated for the holidays.
BUT, NO LIGHTS CAN GO OUTSIDE UNTIL THANKSGIVING NIGHT!!!! Jeff can hang them, but they can NOT come on until after the turkey is eaten. By order of ME!
Do any of you decorate early or are you a procrastinator?





3 comments:
I always have some items bought (mostly because I always go to "Christmas Made in the South" to get homemade gifts and ornaments) and we put up lights, put up the tree, and put the Christmas village out on Thanksgiving evening/Black Friday. Lately, we've waited until Black Friday to put all the Christmas stuff up because Mom and I have shopped all night on Thanksgiving night (Thank you Tanger Outlet Locust Grove!). This year, however, I've already got my tables up for my Christmas village and some new additions to the village have arrived with more on the way. We still probably won't light anything until after Thanksgiving.
Okay - you probably didn't want to know all that, but hey, you did ask!
There was Option 5. - BLM
I always decorate early--poor Jan she inherited this early stuff--but I love it and I enjoy it so very much. Todd is going to put elk horns on his tree this year. love, nonni
Post a Comment