Each school year students all over the county participate in the Physcal Fitness Test. Jenna has participated the last two years since she has been in public school. Last year, I will not lie; her scores were terrible. She has always played on some sort of ball team, but she has never been super great at any sport. Frankly, sports are way more social than they are physical for her. Every child is different, and I don't care if she is athletic or not; however, I do want her healthy and physically fit.
She received her yearly Physical Fitness Test Results recently, and I am SO very proud of how far she has come. Here are her results:
Activity Fall 2010 Spring 2011 National Qualification Presidential qual.
Mile Run 11:23 8:45 (Wow!) 11:52 9:30
Curl Ups 34 37 30 39
Sit and Reach 16 27 28 33
Flexed Arm 15 8 18
Shuttle Run 14sec 12.7sec 12.5 11.1
According to Jenna, she did not qualify for the National award because you have to make it in 3 areas. I read the chart as she made it in the mile (even made presidential!), Curl ups, and flexed arm. She missed shuttle run by 2 tenths of a second. Ouch!
Either way, look at how much improvement she made. I am very proud of her.
Saturday, April 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
Yea Jenna!!!! She needs to be our trainer!! love ac
Post a Comment