CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 18, 2011

First Egg Hunt of the Year

Grandmama (Jane) had invited the girls to an egg hunt at her church, but we had a soccer game and we going to be unable to attend. Well, we ended up with a rain cancellation on soccer and so the egg hunt was back on. This was Jade’s first time really KNOWING about an egg hunt. In years past, she just ran around and played.

 DSC_6614

The ground was still wet, so we hunted in the fellowship hall. The hunt was over in like 10 seconds- LITERALLY! (and there were a LOT OF EGGS! These kids were good!)

 DSC_6615 DSC_6616 DSC_6617 DSC_6618

Bryn was there and I always love when all 3 girls are together. I love that they are all 3 sisters, no matter what the blood in their veins says.

 DSC_6619 DSC_6622 DSC_6623

After the hunt, the ladies of the church FILLED the baskets to the brim with eggs and candy.

DSC_6624 DSC_6625 DSC_6626 DSC_6627 DSC_6628

The pastor made animal balloons for all the kids.

 DSC_6635 DSC_6642

Jade got a pink poodle and Jenna got the cutest black bear that hooked to her wrist.

DSC_6646

The ladies at this church are so sweet. (I am sure the men are, too.) It was nice to meet some of them that I hear so much about from Jenna. On most holidays or occasions, Jenna gets a card or gift from these ladies. Even though Jenna is only an occasional visitor to this church, they love her just the same. That is what CHURCH really is- not a building- A HEART!

This church shows an open heart to my family and I am so appreciative. Thanks Grandmama for the invitation, and thanks Buckhead Baptist Chapel (I think that’s the correct name) for welcoming us. We had a great time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very sweet post. We love you guys so much!! Robyn

Anonymous said...

Jan, I really like you hair on the picture. I see Jeff eyeing the candy... ha ha ha

Love Caro XXXX

Anonymous said...

You always have the girls dressed so cute. Looks like they had fun. So cute.... love ac