CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Lunch Time and Celebrating Home

I am writing this post on Thursday, but I won’t post it until the weekend because I have so many other posts going up today. I took some pics of Jen and Jade eating their lunch in front of the TV today. (Don’t judge!) I was busy cooking meals for work nights while they ate. I like to cook ahead and freeze meals so that work-nights aren’t so stressful. I try to prepare at least 3 meals every Sunday afternoon, but I am getting a head start this week.
DSC_6526DSC_6521DSC_6523DSC_6524DSC_6525

Today I have cooked:
a roast
Teriyaki Chicken
Chicken for tacos
2 portions of taco meat (seasoned and browned)
5 gallons of laundry detergent
It’s only noon and I have 5 meals ready for the freezer, laundry detergent to last until summer, laundry washed and put away, house semi picked up, and kids fed (albeit spaghetti-os in front of the TV). I ‘d say that’s productivity at it’s best. This afternoon will be spent outside enjoying Spring Break.
By the way- I have been meaning to mention some new products that I have found. Have you heard of Celebrating Home? It’s a line of products sold through home parties or catalogs.
image
I have been to 3 parties in the last few months. At the first party I ordered a bean pot. What the heck is that, you ask? It’s a piece of pottery like a bowl with a lid. IDK how to cook beans in it, but it’s like a crock pot for the oven. They have different colors, but I got one that matches my Mikasa English Countryside dishes. I love my dishes and have had them almost 14 years.
image
I would buy them all over again. I have all of the bakeware/serving pieces, too. When I bought the bean pot and went to put it in the pantry, I found that I owned one that goes with my dishes already. I think it was call/ed a “covered casserole” and since I don’t cover my casseroles, I had rarely used the dish. So, now I have 2 beans pots. Guess what? They are BOTH in the oven right now. I just dump in some chicken, toss over some marinade or seasoning, 325 for 3 hours and DONE. Seriously, crock pot for the oven. Best part? NON- STICK without the unhealthy/ flaking Teflon. I recommend buying one.
image
At the second party, I ordered the mugs that match my new bean pot. Remember, it matches my dishes, too. I love my dishes, but I do NOT like the mugs. They are like tiny thimbles and I don’t know if I have ever had 1 cup of coffee from them. I have 14 of them taking up space in my cabinets, but they stack nicely and are on the top shelf that I can’t reach anyway. (I can’t bare to throw them away.)
image
image
image

The above picture is one I found on the Internet. It’s the right shape and color, but mine doesn’t have that ivy on it. I think mine are prettier. Anyway, they come in a set of 4 and they are wonderful. They have a big handle that really works. I like the foot because it doesn’t steam my table. The pottery keeps the coffee warm. Best part? It’s non-stick. Who knew one needed a non-stick coffee mug?! Seriously, your lips slide right off the rim. It’s so luxurious!

My next purchase will be the bowls. The bowls that came with my dishes are flat and hard to eat soup from. I have 14 of them and they work fine, but when we have soup, we would prefer a deeper bowl. I won’t be buying 14 new bowls, but I think a set of 4 would be nice.
image

At the 3rd party I went to, I only bought a small bottle of scent gel. It goes in a warmer. CH sells their own, but I am using one I already had. I bought orange vanilla that smelled like suntan lotion in the bottle, but when warmed, Jeff and I think it smells like an angel food cake baking. Yummy smell.
A friend of mine spent over $55 at a party and that qualified her to be able to purchase the drink dispenser that’s on the front of the catalog for $19. She didn’t want it, so I bought it from her. I have wanted one for a while, so I was excited to get it. It will be nice for the summer and for bday parties. I can see using it when we are home all summer and the kids are raiding the fridge. I can fill it with crystal light on the counter and save my fridge from being opened so much.
I was not asked or compensated for this post at all. I just wanted to share. If you get invited to a party, go. They are FUN and the stuff is nice. My cousin/ friend Leia Eubanks is a consultant. You can look her up on Facebook and I am sure she would love to talk to you about an order/ party. I can’t host a party right now, but the hostesses get COOL stuff.

When I was Goggling looking for pics of my dishes, I found this pic and it seems that Mikasa has changed the bowls. Woo Hoo! I can’t tell from the pic if the mug is any better, but I am proud of a better bowl.
image
There you have my opinion. Free of charge and unsolicited. Ha!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you were very busy, but thanks for taking the time to get pic's of the girls. Love ac