Wow! We are busier than ever. This past week was so busy that my legs and feet are still hurting and I have rested a lot today!
Jeff left to go out of town on Wednesday night after soccer practice. He was gone for 2 nights this time. He rarely leaves for more than 1 night, but this time he could not avoid it. He came in Friday afternoon just in time for Relay for Life.
Whenever he is out of town I don’t even get a chance to think about blogging. I just focus on keeping the house and family running.
This past week was CRCT testing for my students, so that made for long stressful work days. The stakes on these tests are SO high that teachers, administrators, and students are put under pressure. (parents, too) Add in the fact that we tested under a full moon and Phew!!
As soon as Jeff came in Friday he had enough time to change clothes and head to Relay for Life. I always enjoy this event because it’s for a great cause and it brings out the best in our small town. Jeff took the girls home around 9:30 and I stayed until just after 11pm. Our school has a team and for various reasons, participation was low this year, so I felt that I should stay.
Saturday morning came EARLY and I headed out at 7am to take a group of 9 students to Macon for the State competition of National History Day. We always dominate our regional competition, but rarely do we place at State. We brought home a 6th, 4th, and 3rd place. I am SO proud of our students. We did not get home until after 6pm. (LONG DAY)
While I was away Jeff and Jenna had a soccer game. They won 7-0! Then Jeff helped a friend of ours move into a beautiful condo on the lake. He spent all afternoon lifting and moving. I went over when we got off the bus and unpacked her daughter’s room. We did not get home until 10:30.
This morning Jeff insisted that I stay home from church to catch up on chores and rest. I really wanted to go, but didn’t want to hear, “I told you so” when I was really over tired this afternoon. I got the house clean, my laundry finished, and then took a 1.5 hour nap. Jade took over a 3 hour nap. (Another indication that we have ALL been doing too much!)
Jeff is doing the yard and pool now. Our pool needs to be looked at by professionals and we have had the HARDEST time getting that done. We think we need the grids replaced in our DE filter, but are debating switching to a sand filter. We have 1 opinion and have been waiting for over 3 weeks for the 2nd opinion. The guy has always been so helpful and honest with us, but he told Jeff he was coming out 3 weeks ago. He has not been, nor will he answer his phone. We are FRUSTRATED with him. I won’t name him publically, but if you have a pool and want to know, email me and I will tell you. I don’t want to trash his name by any means,but I don’t want other to wait like we have, either. As I said earlier, he has always been the MOST dependable.
This week look rather busy, too. May is always crazy in our house. I will try to blog everyday, but please understand, I can’t always do it. It’s just too much when things are this busy. This week holds: Garden Club (Jenna), Field Trip (Jenna), 2 more CRCT tests (Jan), ALL day field trip to UGA (Jan), Bible Study, Jenna to Justin’s, Soccer (Jenna and Jeff), Finish pool and Yard (Jeff), Faculty Meeting (Jan)
All of that is on top of the normal work, lunches, suppers, laundry, and housekeeping. We will survive and I will miss the kids when they are grown and don’t keep my calendar so busy.
Meanwhile, I am going to rest the remainder of today. (along with taking care of the kids and getting ready for Monday.)





0 comments:
Post a Comment