CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Welcome Baby Elin

Wendy and Eric had their baby this morning. Elin Brinn weighed 7lbs 5.8oz and was 20 inches long. As far as I know, everyone is well. Eric texted me around 8:30 and sent the following pics. She has lots of pretty hair and I cannot wait to get to take her pics later this week. YUMMY!

phone 001

Yes, her name is the same as Tiger Woods' wife, BUT she is NOT named after that Elin. She is her own person with her own name. (Although she does have her Daddy’s initials.) It’s like I told Wendy when she told me she was thinking this name; by the time Baby Elin hits the ground, Elin Woods will be a thing of the past and a little known image. (at least to the public) How do I know to give this advice you might ask? Well, I have a child whose middle name is Hilton. Several were concerned about Paris Hilton when we named her 2 years ago. Now, you barely even hear of Paris. Give it a few more years and Paris will be a complete no-namer, too. (ok, a rich no-namer) If you like a name, but some “temporary” famous person has it, use it anyway. Now, if you are thinking of Oprah- give it up. If your last name is Pitt, don’t name your son Brad, etc. You get my point. I LOVE Elin Brinn’s name. (and Brinn is pronounced like Jenna’s sister, Bryn)

I pray that Wendy has an easy recovery from her c-section. I pray that August quickly adapts to sharing the center of attention, and I pray that Eric gets some rest. (or at least has a LOT of strength to deal with a post partum, post surgical wife, a 12 month old, and a newborn.) They are blessed to have lots of family who will help them. I know for a FACT that Nana Barbara will be available at their beck and call.  Eric’s parents are “goo goo” for these grandbabies, too. So very blessed!

Oooh, Oooh, I can NOT wait to get to kiss these sweet cheeks!!

phone 002

and Wendy just sent me this one. can you say BEAUTIFUL?!

 

phone 004

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT LUCKY GRANDPARENTS! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL JUST LIKE JADE AND JENNA!! LOL AC

Anonymous said...

TODAY IS THURS. WHERE IS WED AND TODAYS BLOG?????????????