CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 17, 2010

Sweet Surprise!

You will NEVER believe what I am about to tell you…

But first, I got ZERO comments on Jade Montana, so I am tempted to stop posting any pics in rebellion.

Now, on with the good stuff…

As usual, we had a busy week planned. In fact, Jeff and I had agreed that we would see each other next weekend, because literally every night was full for us and the kids. Then, today the dance that I had to help with tonight was cancelled. YIPEE! That provided a night at home for me. While I am sad that our fundraiser went south, I was HAPPY to be home at least 1 night with the family.

Then, Jenna’s end of year meeting was scheduled for tomorrow after school…then hair appt, then church. Her teacher emailed and asked could we reschedule or could she just send home the paperwork for me to sign. Girl, YES! Send me the paper. Anything off the calendar is a BLESSING!

 

So, the paper came home today and here is what it says:

Post Test reading: 100

Post Test Math: 95

DIBELS: (Reading words per minute) 215 “WOW” was written beside it.

Strengths: Reading, Lang Arts, Math, Social Studies, Science, Creative Writing, Handwriting (with “MUCH BETTER” written beside it), attendance, specials, conducts, work and study habits

Weaknesses: none

Comments: Jenna is a great student! Despite the fact that she likes to rush on her work, she is a hard worker. I have loved having her this year and wish I could have her again! She’s truly a blessing and you should be so proud!

 

Well, La Ti Da!

And when I asked her about rushing her work she said, “Why should I slow down, I get the right answer?!” With a report card with no grade below a 98, how could I argue?!

We are very proud of her, and we wish we could have this teacher again, too! Boy, do we ever wish that!

I am so thankful for a smart, well behaved child. Of course, I would love a child that is not all of these things just as much, but being a teacher, I am thankful for all of this. It will make my years as a teacher/parent much easier. Not to mention how much easier it will be on Jenna as a teacher’s child.

We moved Jenna to a new school this year and it has been the RIGHT decision. I LOVED her old school and am very thankful for the foundation they provided, but this new school has made Jenna blossom. You won’t find someone more supportive of school choice than me. Schools are not made for robots- they are made for individuals and each family should make their own choice.

 

Jade is showing her smarts today, too. Everyday she takes off her shoes and socks in the car (UGH) and today she made a sock puppet all by herself. Ha!

phone 005

 

And I think I failed to blog my “tacky” friend Julie. Friday was super hero today…She was “Super Eagle” or “Super Wade”. Where did she come from. AC, she MAY be related to you. I see a resemblance.

 phone 001 phone 002

 

Ok, and the tacky pink podium? Yea, that’s mine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just now saw Jade the Rockstar!! and Jenna has had a super year at school!! Said like a proud Nonni. love y'all, c

Anonymous said...

Good job Jenna!!! She has always been so smart!

Jade is hilarious. I wonder if she saw her big sister doing it before (-:

Have a good day!
Love Caro XX

Anonymous said...

OMG, JUST REALIZED YOU HAD JADE ON FILM, HOW PRECIOUS!! SHE IS A GREAT ENTERTAiner! jenna IS ONE SMART COOKIE!!LOL AC