Today started with everyone sleeping in a little past 7:30. Jade ended up in our bed around midnight. Blogging like this for this week is indicating that Jade is horrible sleeper. No wonder I stay so tired.
Jeff called at some point this morning to see if we could leave for vacation earlier tomorrow rather than tomorrow night. That sent my wheels to turning since I had to run it by Jenna’s friend who will be going with us, pack a little faster, etc. No big deal. Jeff has a job to do near our vacay spot, so he has worked it where he can do it tomorrow instead of during vacay. I called a friend from that area to find something that I could do with the girls while Jeff worked. A few hours later, and it is all worked out.
I had a gazillion errands to run today. We will be on vacay during the beginning of the month normal bill pay/ errand time, so I did it all early today. Here was my run down:
-dress all 3 girls and load them in the car
- go to pharmacy to get Jeff’s thyroid meds and some swim ear
- go by daycare and pay for month of July
- go by dentist and pay bill
- run to wal mart to get earrings- all 3 girls needed earrings! and cranberry juice for Jade. (I think she is fine, but she is “going” a lot, so I wanted to treat in case.)
- stop by vision center to let Jenna do a screening with her glasses. Last summer the eye doctor told me that she should be fine to go 2 years between eye visits, but lately she has started REQUIRING her glasses for watching TV, etc. It used to be just for school purposes. This indicated that maybe her eyes had regressed. I don’t mind taking her to get new glasses, but I don’t want to spend the money if she has the same prescription- she has 4 perfectly good pair of glasses, as is. She did ok with her test. She measured about a 20/25 with the glasses. We may wait til the fall to get them checked and adjusted since she was ok, but not perfect. I surely don’t want to wait til next summer.
- Get gas
- stop by post office to get 1 stamp. (later realized I needed 2!)
- Stop by my classroom to get a form to complete to get my FSA reimbursement for daycare. We have a love/hate relationship with the FSA. It saves us money, but it is a pain because the company that our school uses STINKS!
BY this point it was clearly lunch time. The girls seemed to be starving! I fixed them some lunch, and they ate. Jade tried her cranberry juice/ water drink. She was not real happy about it.
After lunch, I demanded that all 3 girls take a nap. Jade and Bryn were tired, and Jenna was cranky. They were quite content to do this- They knew they needed it.
I cleaned the kitchen and ate some banana bread. I did a quick blog partial post.
After that I packed some more, fed the cat, prepared cat food for when we are gone, and had the girls read some. (Jade was still napping.) I put away laundry, and made a quick list of things that Jeff needed to get from the shed for the trip. Going on vacation can be so overwhelming. I feel like I have to pack so much when I take the kids. when it’s just me, I take a small bag.
After some play time, Jeff got home. He started his end of the packing while I ran over to the barn to take some pics of Pop’s car for insurance purposes. I ran home and emailed them to the ins company. While I was taking pics, I somewhat supervised Daddy-Mac hooking up his lawn mover battery to charge.
Jeff is doing a quick workout, and then we will head over to Grandmama and Papa’s for dinner. Bryn will be staying with them for a few days, so we will drop her off. She has been so fun to have over. After dinner, we will visit, drive home, bathe everyone, and put everyone to bed.
Hopefully, Jade will sleep well. Tomorrow morning we will leave for vacation. I HOPE to have Internet service at the condo so I can post from the beach. Most units have WiFi, so chances are good.





1 comments:
I am seeing some beautiful blonde curls on Jade....love yall ac
Post a Comment