CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Week in the Life- Day 4

This morning started a little late. All of us slept in. When the girls got up around 7:30 or 8, they started playing so well together. I took that as my cue to stay in my room and watch Today. Around 9:30, I moved to the LR and had coffee. It was nice to have a slow morning with basically nothing to do. Fortunately for me, Jenna and Bryn think it is fun to dress Jade, so they handle that chore for me.

DSC_9758

 

Morning rocked along, and I prepared to fix lunch. Other than a few phone calls, I basically did nothing this morning. I am not really sure what I did because I didn’t just sit and watch TV. I fed the girls a lunch of hmmmm, I forgot. Oh yea, pizza and fruit.

DSC_9755

After lunch Jade went down for nap. She went easily today. She took a few books to bed and “read” herself to sleep. During nap, Bryn voluntarily cleaned Jenna’s room. (Yep, you read that right.) Jenna then volunteered to clean the playroom.

Basically, I am still doing nothing at this point. I am kicking myself for not doing some reading during this time. I always say I don’t have time to read much, but now that I am chronicling my days, I see I have more time on some days, at least.

After nap, Dawn and Walker came over and swam for a couple of hours with us. I always enjoy an afternoon at the pool, however, you are guaranteed to tired, cranky, hungry kids when you are finished. I am usually tired after swimming, and don’t really want to deal with the cranky, hungry part of the kids. Oh well, they ate a snack and rested a bit. Soon they were playing happily again.

DSC_9757

Jeff came home a little early today and he spent a few hours taking care of the yard. You know, mowing, edging, trimming, etc. It was so hot. I tried to send him lots of water.

I made dinner of tacos and carrot sticks. Quick and easy!

I am feeling kinda puny, so my night will be quiet. I think I will try to read some. It is a good feeling to have gotten the house cleaning, laundry, and packing done early in the week. I think I have some free time again tomorrow. As a mother is there really ever free time?

 

DSC_9756

I am going to go clean the kitchen, bathe Jade, have Jenna and Bryn bathe, bathe myself, and then get everyone ready for bed. Maybe a quiet time and some yoga, too.

Just added: We are headed out on a Polaris ride and to take pics of Pop’s Ford Falcon for his insurance policy. Oh, and about tomorrow- I remembered we would be gone during the first of the month, so I have to run a TON of errands tomorrow- WITH 3 KIDS IN 100 DEGREE WEATHER! This outta be fun.

0 comments: