Ok Readers, You may very well want to skip out on the blog this week. Since I use the blog as my scrapbook, I wanted to record a “Week in the Life of Jan”. I plan to do this daily. I planned to start on Sunday- it’s now Monday, and I am already behind. I will try to do regular posts, too, or at least throw in some pics, but no promises. I planned to do this during the school year, but time is just not there. I chose this week because it is fairly free of obligations. You will probably be bored, but I want to remember these days in full detail.
Sunday-
5:45am- Jade comes in our room to wake us up. we convince her to go back to sleep, but she sleeps sprawled out across the bed while clicking the metal rail. So between the kicks and “chings” from the tapping headboard- no rest! Around 7:30 she really wakes up and insists that Jeff take her to the living room. She usually wants him in the morning- YES! I slept in a bit more. Eventually, I got up and had some coffee. At 9:40, I woke Jenna up for church. She was NOT wanting to get up, but she was able to get dressed in time. By 10:40 we were walking out the door all dressed for church.
11:00-12:15- We were at church. Jade went to the bathroom twice during praise and worship. She travels to EVERY restroom we pass at least once. Nonni had children’s church, so she took Jade to the back with her. This is the one Sunday per month that Jeff and I get to stay in church together. Our church does not have a regular nursery. Basically, if you bring a baby- you keep the baby.
12:15- Jenna leaves church with Nonni to go to the movies to see Cars 2. Jeff, Jade, and I go home. Jeff and Jade eat a quick sandwich. Jade goes down for a nap. Jeff goes outside to work on the pool Polaris. We had it rebuilt and it needed some adjusting to get it working just so. Jeff did a great job, and it was working like brand new. During this time, I was very busy in the kitchen. I cleaned out the fridge. I fed the stray cat the leftovers from the fridge. I put turkery breasts in the crockpot for dinner. I did a new recipe that Jeff LOVED! I used onion, white wine, salt/pepper, and a stick of butter. I sautéed some fresh squash. I sliced a fresh tomato with fresh basil. I made homemade banana nut bread- 2 loaves, I made a fresh blackberry cobbler, I steamed some broccoli, I sliced some fresh- not made by me- jalapeno cheddar bread, and fried some okra.
3:00ish- Jade wakes up. I load up the rest of the dishes in the dishwasher and run it. Jade gets a quick snack. by 4:30 Jeff and Jade go out for a quick swim. Jade has to learn to swim, and she is not digging it. She loves the freedom she has with her jacket. Jeff worked with her kicking and screaming. Hey- at least in this case the kicking was productive. I sat out with them and painted my nails. They were looking skanky, and a manicure was not in our budget.
5:15ish- I serve up the dinner. I realized after dinner that I forgot to serve the squash. Ugh! I am JUST NOW remembering that I also sliced a fresh watermelon. It’s STILL in the fridge now. I have lost it! Sometime before now I have unloaded the dishwasher. Jeff helps to clean the kitchen, and we reload the dishwasher. We take a ride on the Polaris. We visit with Pop who is watching the dove on the dove field. We take a spin through the sunflowers which have not yet bloomed. We stop to pick a few blackberries.
7:00ish We get home just in time for Nonni to bring home Jenna. The movie was apparently good. I call the Macs to thank them for the caramel cupcakes that they sent us. I bathe myself and Jade. Jeff and I get Jade dressed and ready for bed. Jeff has declared that tonight is a night where he wants to go to bed early.
8:30 We get both kids in bed. Within minutes a big thunderstorm rolls in. Jeff and I waited for the words, “DADDY- MOMMY!” to come barreling from Jade’s room. Sure enough, she called and came stumbling into the living room not enjoying the thunder. We got Jenna up, too. She wasn’t scared, but I didn’t want to leave her out. All were back in bed by 9:30.
It was a pretty relaxing day- believe it or not.





0 comments:
Post a Comment