CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 27, 2011

A Week in the Life- day 2

Monday:

My day started at 4am. I woke up and could not go back to sleep. Ugh! I hate when that happens. I like to fall asleep to the TV, but I didn’t want to wake Jeff, so I didn’t turn on the BR TV.

5am- I give up and go watch TV on couch in LR

5:45- Pitter Patter- Here comes Jade. She lays on top of me and we go back to sleep

6:15- Jeff wakes us up and takes Jade to our bed. Jade cries bc Jeff has to go to work. Jeff takes our comforter with him. I washed it last week and left it outside to dry. It was ALMOST dry and Jeff put it in dryer. (it’s TOO big for our dryer) The Bounce bar melted on my comforter. Now he needs to take it to the Big washer in town to try to get it clean. I haven’t fussed, yet. I hope it comes out.

6:30- I go back to sleep. jade watches TV and eats Pop Tart in LR

7:00ish- Jade comes back to bed and sleeps til 8 do too

8- Jeff calls. I can’t really remember all he said. Something about get the power bill and text him the amount so he can do the vacation budget.

8-9 Watch the Today show in bed/ dress jade’s doll/ play a bit with Jade

9ish- Get up and start day. (I know you are thinking- WHAT A LIFE! Keep reading- I may have slacked in the morning, but I make up for lost time- FAST!)

Have two cups coffee and some homemade banana nut bread

log on to read blogs and find that the Internet is out. After trying the normal reset steps, I fear that lightening struck the receiver. Finally, a unplug/ replug does the trick.

9:50 Jenna gets up.

I clean my bathroom

Strip my sheets- start laundry

get myself dressed

wash my hair

sweep bath floor

mop bath floor

clean my wedding ring- I have to take it to jeweler today and want to clean it before they clean it for me. I'm ashamed at how nasty it gets.

dry my hair- I have had this hair cut for 3 months and today is the first time I made time to actually dry it all the way and see how it looks actually styled.

dust house

move sheets to dryer

start my one load of clothes to wash

Have Jenna strip her bed

Have Jenna clean her room

Jenna cleans her bath- When Jenna cleans, I have to supervise- I was busy doing my chores, too.

While Jenna is cleaning her room, Jade learns to climb into Jenna’s loft- adding a whole new safety  lesson to the mix

Realize we are low on laundry detergent

bust out the food processor- start water boiling- make laundry detergent

Realize dry ingredients are lumpy- put in food processor- dump too much borax- goes all over floor

while I'm vacuuming borax from floor, ingredients get too powdery and are billowing from top of food processor

finish detergent

load dishwasher

sweep kitchen for 4th time today

fix lunch for kids- Jenna helps- turkey sandwiches, fresh fruit, raw veggies

discover Jade will eat raw broccoli

Jade/ Jenna eat

sweep kitchen again

Jade/ Jenna dance

clean up lunch mess

wash coffee pot

set coffee for tomorrow

take vitamins

paint toenails

clean up food table from Jenna/ Jade lunch

Have Jen clean her bath floor

12:30 nap time- send Jade to potty- she misses the toilet wets floor

clean floor again

do quick vacuum of LR

move delicates from wash and hang to dry

Jade gets up- she says “I'm scared of my camera.” By camera, she means the baby monitor that has been in her room since the day she was born. BOLOGNA!

DSC_9671

Put Jade back to bed

move rest of clothes to dryer

start Jenna’s sheets and quilt in washer

discover Jade has knocked my laptop to floor- knocked battery out- fix that

sweep kitchen again

Jen volunteers to clean up playroom

I sit down to start this blog post

1pm: Jade gets up again- Does not want to nap- this NEVER happens. take her back to bed, start movie for her- never do that, either.

I head upstairs to sew button covers on more of Jenna’s jeans. She is allergic to nickel, so I have to sew covers on her denim pants. I THINK this was the last set.

Check on Jade- still not asleep

Return pants to Jenna and have her hang them up

put on make up

1;30- check on Jade again-still not asleep- turn movie off

make shopping list- I just shopped Saturday, but I forgot a few things.

make a schedule for the afternoon- lots to do

1:32 “Mommy, I waked up!” Grr…somebody better get this kid. She is TOO cranky without a nap. What is her deal?!

1:37 (Jade still crying) Washer beeps- go to remove clothes from dryer- realize I never turned it on.

go get phone to call jeweler- get sucked in to reading Facebook, instead.

call jeweler

remake my bed

go get screaming jade- rock her- eyes are closed before we ever make it to rocking chair

Make my lunch- sugar snaps, watermelon, peach, jalapeno cheddar bread

DSC_9672

go  through mail

text Jeff with power bill amount

Jenna brings me a Christmas wish- a COACH bag- excuse me- you are 9! go away! I didn’t really say that- I just nodded my head

2:05- Jade calls me- Go to bed, child

2:20- check laundry, start dishwasher, put away hand washed dishes, check on Jade- still up

sweep kitchen floor- SERIOUSLY! We must have dirty ceilings! Where does this dirt come from?

write a blog post- Well, I THOUGHT about blogging. I was sure I took pics at the pool yesterday- guess not!

fold clothes

move Jenna's sheets to dryer

wash Jenna's comforter

bust up an argument between Jenna and Miss No Nap. Jenna was trying to be sweet and paint Jade’s toes, but she was SO whiny. I don’t blame Jen for stopping

Rock Jade because she is so cranky

went to move the laundry- forgot to turn on dryer again. Come on, Jan!

dress Jade for trip to Madison

have kids pickup house/ toys before we leave

4:00 leave for Madison

take ring to jewelry store- leave ring to have diamond replaced and other stones checked- leave feeling naked without ring (Take Jade to restroom)

head to Wal Mart to pick up a few things (take Jade to restroom again)

Meet Robyn in parking lot to pick up Bryn. She will be visiting us for a couple of days.

call Jenna’s friend’s mom about beach trip

Get home- Jeff has warmed up leftovers from last night, Jade is cranky- no nap, comforter is clean!

girls eat

switch last loads of laundry

It is now 7pm and I am going to post this. From now until bedtime my plans are:

bathe Jade

Make sure Jenna and Bryn bathe

take my own shower

pick up house

sweep again

make Jenna’s bed

Get everyone in bed and prayers said

have a little quiet time for me

watch a little TV as I fall asleep. I hope to be asleep by 11.

0 comments: