CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

This year Nonni cooked and hosted our Thanksgiving feast. The last two years we were in Hilton Head with AC serving as the host. The three years before that, I hosted. Nonni did a great job and we all left stuffed.

First, I want to show off the roses Jeff bought me. I tried to reason the reason for 3 roses: 1)from Jeff, Jade, Jenna or 2) We have been married 3 years, etc….Jeff informed me that it was because the florist had this bouquet ready when  he got there. Oh well, I love them just the same.

 DSC_4478

Nonni and the rest of us helpers prepared a FEAST. (Don’t hate on Nonni. She went all out and got dressed up for us!)

 DSC_4483

 

 DSC_4484

Anthony was eyeing his share of the turkey…He was daring someone to get the biggest piece.

 DSC_4486

The betrothed: Anthony and Ashley

 DSC_4487

Daddy Mac watching Anthony and debating whether to take him for big piece of turkey.

 DSC_4488

It was the LAvertu’s first Thanksgiving. Canada celebrates a Thanksgiving in October, but Quebec does not really participate.

DSC_4491

 DSC_4492

Aunt Carol has spotted the dessert….

 DSC_4493

Monique made maple desserts from their homemade maple sugar and syrups. (They have a maple farm in Quebec) These rolls were DIVINE. She made 3 types of pies, too. YUM, YUM! She adapted to the Thanksgiving tradition of good food quite easily. I vote to invite them back again!

DSC_4494

Probably a football conversation

 DSC_4495

Jenna showed off her computer skills.

DSC_4497

Ashley checking out the family photos. She is making sure she REALLY wants to join this family.

 DSC_4498

What the heck? Just get comfy AC.

DSC_4499

Nonni with the toddlers.

 DSC_4504

After an afternoon of hunting and 2 card gut (which I came away as the BIG winner, BTW. I won $3.30 and was BY FAR the winner. We played for an hour and a half. Let’s just say we are cheap conservative!), we had a nice fire. It was a nice night to be outside. No heat, no bugs, no cold air. Ahhh, just right.

 DSC_4533 DSC_4534 DSC_4539

Today, Jeff and I finished preparing for tomorrow’s yard sale and I sold a few old electronics online. I also went and picked up the long awaited bed rails for Jade’s bed. (Yes, she has been on mattresses on the floor since MAY!) Jeff will put them together later today.

I am headed to a movie with Caro and Ashley later. We are seeing Harry Potter. I have not read the books, but I saw one of the movies. I think I have graded enough book reports to make it through ok. I am just not a fantasy book reader.Caro loved the books and hardly gets a chance to see the movie in Oregon. Todd didn’t read the books and they don’t have easy babysitters, either. I gladly go with her. Ashley loved the books, too and no one will go with her, either, so it’s gonna be a fun time for the three of us.

Tonight- It’s sushi for Jeff’s birthday! Woo HOO!

0 comments: