CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thankful Day

It’s still the season of Thanksgiving and today was a near perfect day. I will list a few of the the things that I am thankful for in bullet form. Pictures will come tomorrow since my computer is busy upgrading my iTunes account and my iPhone.

 

- sleeping until 8am- yes, even Jade!

-getting the house cleaned this morning. Jenna helped with her room and bathroom and did not complain. (Miraculous!) Jade stayed with Jeff, so my part went fast and easy, too.

- a successful yard sale despite having it on Black Friday weekend. Jeff handled the whole thing and we made pretty good money. (Jeff was up before 8am, but it was his choice.)

- a Goodwill pick up of the leftovers. Even though it’s against their policy, Jeff’s friend who works at GW just happened to drive by and see Jeff outside, he called and mentioned he would be coming by soon in the GW truck headed to a drop off site in Milledgeville. Jeff suggested he stop by for an additional pickup. The guy got it approved by his boss, and Whala! All of the yard sale leftovers were picked up by Goodwill, we got a tax write off, and we never had to load a single item! (Thank you Jesus!)

- Getting my Christmas gift early. Jeff and the girls got me an iPhone 4. I had a hand me down iPhone 3g from Jeff and it was SLOOOOW. We called and I was overdue for an upgrade. AT&T waived the activation fee to boot! Then, they had a sale and I got a free car charger. (Awesome since my old charger went missing here lately.)

-Being able to sell my old iPhone and several other old electronic items to Gazelle.com. It more than paid for my new phone, accessories, and left some extra towards Jeff’s new phone that’s soon to come.

- An uneventful, quick, cheap trip to Wal Mart- modern day miracle

-  lunch with my family at The Brick

-a walk to Ryal’s Bakery: Can you say Petit Fours and Smiley Faces!

-Sonic Happy Hour

-coming home to a clean house

-Christmas presents are bought, wrapped, and under tree. Ok, so this has been done for a while, but everyone else is talking about shopping and I am thankful to be finished. (All of the planning, saving, and sewing paid off)

-Christmas decorations up and shining. (been done, but still thankful)

-a restful afternoon with the four of us before company came over

-Rivalry weekend of football. Go SEC!

-Hosting my parents, Caro and Victoria, Monique and Jean Guy for a dinner of Doves and the trimmings. Jeff grilled the dove, so my job was easy peazy lemon squeezy

-Jeff who has spent an inordinate amount of time tinkering with my iPhone and iTunes to get it just right for me.

-Having the money and a plan for Jeff’s Christmas gift. I rarely have an idea for what to get him, and if I have an idea, I have not enough money. I am blessed to have had an opportunity to teach in the alternative school and after school to make extra money. It’s not exactly fun working extra, but it is worth it to be able to do something nice for Jeff. He has always been the one to work extra and cover the gifts. Blessed!

-An easy night of watching football

-putting Jade to bed in her big girl bed that no longer sits on the floor. PTL! We (and by “we” , I mean Jeff) finally found a furniture company who could get us the right kind of bed rails to make her crib convert. It looks so good and Jade is excited. Pictures later.

- Jade’s happiness when we brought down Jenna’s old play kitchen from the attic.

-Jenna for agreeing to wash down the play kitchen so Jade would have a clean toy. (Ok, so I paid her $5, but she agreed to do it and did a great job.)

- Jenna, Jade, and Victoria all playing together (even though Jade’s lack of nap REALLY showed!)

- I could go on and on, but I need to get back to the football game.

What are you thankful for?

 

 

,

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thankful for my family & friends, can't say I am as together as you are with Christmas, since I have no decorations up & no presents bought(don't even know if there will be any bought this year). But as Lelin said last night, as I was explaining to them that we may not be able to do presents this year for anyone including them, "Momma at least we have each other!" So I am thankful for my sweet understanding children!!

Kim