CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 11, 2010

STAYcation is over :(

and farewell Todd, Caro, and Victoria.

DSC_2417 DSC_2397 DSC_2399 DSC_2401 DSC_2403 DSC_2405 DSC_2406 DSC_2407 DSC_2409 DSC_2413 DSC_2415 Our STAYcation ends today. The good news is that we did not have a long drive home and there is NO laundry to do at the end of this vacation. That has made for a nice thing.

Todd, Caro, and Victoria left for Oregon this afternoon. Nonni went with them and will be with them for the next 2 weeks. Todd, Caro, and Victoria will probably not be back to GA until next May. That is a LONG time. We are invited there for Christmas and we would LOVE to go, BUT we don’t really have the money and I am not sure I want to take Jenna away from here at Christmas. I know that Justin would probably allow her to go, but I have to be honest with myself and note that in future years if he wanted to take her away at Christmas, I am not sure I am willing to agree. I know that’s selfish of me, but I am trying to be fair and not ask for anything that I am not willing to do myself.

it looks like we have a slow, low key week planned for this coming week. Jeff goes back to work and the girls and I will resume some sense of normalcy. I think at the end of the week I will take Jenna and Walker to the planetarium. That’s what we gave Walker for his birthday. I also have to start planning a trip for Jenna’s school clothes. She goes to uniforms this year and we have barely any clothing that will work. We do a LOT of laundry at our house, so we won’t have to buy much, but a shopping trip is most definitely needed.

This is the FIRST full week (not including our honeymoon) that Jeff has taken off since we met. He has always volunteered to be part of the skeleton crew that works on weeks off. He seems to have enjoyed himself. We enjoyed having him home, but are thankful that he has a job to return to tomorrow.

So, all in all I recommend a STAYcation. I particularly recommend them in you have family in town and a pool. Those  two factors helped a LOT!

1 comments:

nonni said...

We all enjoyed our stay-cation. Just proves that a lot of love and sweet family is all we really need to have lots and lots of fun. We arrived in OR about 1AM your time with no problems. Love and Miss y'all already, c Jenna called this AM already.