CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Blueberry Goodness

Who raised this girl? Can you believe I went to Potluck today and did NOT take a dish?! Before you attack my mother for poor raising, let me correct you. Potluck is actually a blueberry orchard in Milledgeville.

 

My friend Wendy invited/ suggested that I go and take Jenna. Then, my friend Holly caught word and wanted to go, too. This was a GOOD idea and I enjoyed my time with these chics.

 

We picked for maybe an hour and a half. Holly and I took home 10 pints each. (That’s a bit over a gallon for you metric people.) Wendy took home about a half gallon because she topped off my and Holly’s buckets. (She’s a keeper!)

 phone 001 

Jenna was a HUGE help. She picked close to half a gallon by herself. It was not too hot thanks to shade and the dew still being the bushes. She got tired after a while, but I was proud of her for being such a big help. I treated her to a Sonic icee afterwards. (ok, so I wanted a vanilla diet coke, but still.)

phone 002

As soon as I got home I washed the berries, set aside some for the Macs, some for us, some for preserves, and made a cobbler. The cobbler should be out of the oven soon. YUMMY.

(not a great pic of Holly, but I only had my phone, and who really wants to be photographed sweating in the blueberry patch, anyway?!)

phone 004

Jade LOVES booberries and has been in HEAVEN eating them since I got home.

I reccomend this place. The berries will be good through July. If you want to know how to get there, Google it, because I have no idea how to tell you. (and I drove!)

I KNOW I took a pic of Wendy and somehow it is not on my phone. Grr. Wendy, I owe you one.

Stay tuned tomorrow when I post about making preserves. This MIGHT be a bit too domestic for me, but HEY, if I can quilt, I can make preserves. Right? (nod your head and cheer me on)

{AC, you really just nodded your head didn’t you? BTW- ANthony left his sunscreen and beach towel. Don’t worry. I kept it with his beach towel and sunscreen that he left LAST YEAR!)

0 comments: