Summer for me officially started at 1:30 yesterday afternoon. I celebrated by taking Jenna to the pool with Ryleigh.
I found a few pics on my phone that we not blogged, so I’ll so a little catch up.
First is a pic from the last day of school. You can see that I made my kids work until the last minute. (Oh, and that one kid, she has a 98 average- she can be a goof if she wants. ha!)
After school Friday, Jenna went to Carysta’s and then both families went to First Friday. LOVE First Friday!
Jade had a ball! (IDK what’s up with her hair bow!)
Carysta, Amanee, Krista, Ryleigh, Walker, Jenna, and Jade had so much fun!
Saturday night after the Dairy Festival, Jeff, Jade, and I rode to the Manley’s to watch barrel racing. We saw some friends who had moved to Alabama and came back to visit. So nice!
This week has been post planning. We were supposed to work 4 days, but they reduced it to 3. I was all finished anyway, so I brought my sewing machine and Jenna’s quilt to work and I worked on that. Wednesday we had a Faculty Field Day. It was lots of fun. We had a informational session, hula hooping, walking, badminton, volleyball, line dancing, archery, and basketball.
Today I spent some time cleaning and getting things ready for summer. This afternoon we went for a walk at Rock Hawk. We did almost 5 miles. They have built a NICE tower for viewing the effigy.
Dawn, Walker, Julie, Ry, Jenna, and I went. It was HOT! 5 miles is a long way and the girls were NOT prepared. Jenna did great, but this was WAY out of Ry’s comfort zone. In fact, at one point we saw an arrow drawn in the dirt trail. Dawn said, “Ry, look someone drew an arrow so you would know the way. “ Ry said, “humph, noone would ever expect me to be back here in the first place!”
It was SO pretty. BUT>>>>>
Little did we know what was about to happen.
A HUGE storm came complete with thunder and lightening. We were scared. (NOT Dawn and Walker) We made it to a bath house at the nearby campground and waited there for a minute. You can tell by Jenna’s shirt how wet we were. SOAKED does not even describe it. We then headed on back to the car.
I have ALMOST finished quilting Jenna’s quilt. I have to do the peace sign border and the binding and it will be complete. YEA!





2 comments:
The rain will make that hike memorable ;-) It actually looks like fun.
Enjoy your summer break, you deserved it.
See you soon!
Caro XXX
The rain will make that hike memorable ;-) It actually looks like fun.
Enjoy your summer break, you deserved it.
See you soon!
Caro XXX
Post a Comment