CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father’s Day

Warning: This post is LONG and has a LOT of pictures. I couldn’t just choose a few. enjoy

 

Our family is blessed with the BEST fathers. In no particular order (except for the order in which I found the pictures on my computer) here are some pics of a few of the incredible fathers in our family.

First, there is my wonderful husband, Jeff. What would I ever do without him?

DSC_0734

My father in law, Rocky/ Pappy, loves my family and we love him. He always brings fun and smiles when he is around. My girls love to spend time with him and i only wish we got to do it more often.

 

 DSC_0798

Then there’s my daddy/Pop. I can always count on Daddy to help me out when I need help with my vehicle, house, advice, etc.

 DSC_8517

Of course, my brother, Todd/ Uncle Todd. We can NEVER prepare for his visits. He ALWAYS has pranks up his sleeve. My girls love him, especially Jenna. In fact, Jenna loves to text Uncle Todd and harass him while he works.

 DSC_8773 DSC_8827

All of the grandgirls like to ride on Pop’s tractors. This is a memory that they will ALWAYS have. I am thankful for this!

 

 DSC_9829  DSC_0625

Jeff has helped coach or coached many of Jenna’s sports teams. He is so patient with the girls, but he comes home so frustrated when they would rather turn cartwheels than learn to dribble the ball. HA!

 DSC_0635  DSC_0784 DSC_1132 DSC_1192 DSC_1198 DSC_0096 DSCF0051 DSC_0721

I am thankful for all of Jeff’s family. He would not be the man he is today without their raising. They supported him in his sport’s dreams and saw that his academics were up to par, too. They put in a LOT of extra hours with Jeff.

wed17

Jeff loves Jenna like his very own. I am so thankful that he has stepped up and made her feel like she is no different that Jade. Jenna is a blessed young lady.

47b6cf20b3127cce8e11f686a89700000010101AaN2zFy5YsX DSC_0006 DSC_0167 DSC_2514 DSC_3792 DSC_3932 DSC_4113 - Copy DSC_4185 DSC_4214 DSC_4585 DSC_4758 DSC_4961

 

DSC_5159

Jeff has rocked Jade to sleep almost every night of her life. He is a LARGE reason that she is SO rotten.

 DSC_5371

I don’t know is the bigger clown?!

DSC_5569 DSC_6552 DSC_6587 DSC_6719 DSC_7341 DSC_7381

Every year since 1865 Jeff has helped Jenna put together a gingerbread house. This is a memory that they will treasure.

DSC_7453 DSC_7985 DSC_7994

Then there is Daddy- Mac. What a treasure!! I had a hard time getting a good picture of him. *I will  have to make sure I take some soon. He is the best grandfather, EVER! I think Todd and Hope would agree with me there. When I lived alone he cut my grass every week. He and Mama- Mac kept us when we were little, kept Jenna before she started school, and are always there to help with Jade. No words!

DSC_7996 DSC_8004

All of our family is so supportive of our faith. Our pastor, Mike is another father that we are thankful for. He has given us much advice over the years. I am thankful that he is not only our pastor, but our friend. He and Jeff work together and he has been a role model there, too.

DSCF0016 DSCF0037 - Copy DSCF0066 - Copy DSCF0070 DSCF0092 DSCF0133

 

DSCF1180

Who could forget last summer when Pappy agreed to get his face painted- thinking he would get JUST a red nose. Little did he know that he would come out with MUCH more.

 DSCI0293

Jenna will NEVER forget this!

 DSCI0294

Pappy was such a good sport. He had to drive home like this. Ha!!!

DSCI0301 DSCI0303

This one of my fav pics from our Disney trip. We are excited to take Jade to Disney when she is 5 or so.

Epcot, MGM 2007 014 IMG_0480bw IMG_0499 IMG_0525bw IMG_0611bwcrop IMG_0628bwcrop soccer, Christmas 2007 6th bday 080 wed6 wed9

Uncle Joe is one of the most involved fathers I know. He has been SUPER involved with Anthony and I I know that Anthony appreciates him. He is very knowledgeable and is willing to share his knowledge. He gives good advice, too.

47b6d809b3127cce8a2e1229a51d00000016101AaN2zFy5YsX

Sweet Daddy- Mac.

 47b7cf26b3127ccebf025b19cda300000026101AaN2zFy5YsX

Jeff even steps in to do the not so fun stuff. (Like pulling teeth)

 DSC_0005 DSC_0163 DSC_2647

Uncle Todd has proven to be a fabulous father, too. Victoria is blessed. I can not wait to see them in a few weeks.

DSC_2706 DSC_2742 DSC_3931 DSC_4111 - Copy (2) DSC_4120 - Copy

No post would be complete without Uncle Carlton. He is another great role model for fathers. He faithfully talks to Hope on the phone or goes to visit her. He has always been super involved with Hope. He will make a wonderful grandfather one day.

DSC_4566

Pop is famous for his hayrides. He has done SO many for Jenna and her friends. It started out with 4 or 5 friends and this last time….Um, there were 70! Oops! Pop handled our crowd with a smile. I know he will continue to do these for Jade, too. What memories he is making for our family. We are grateful!

DSC_5597 DSC_5599 DSC_7893 DSC_7927

Uncle Joe has taken Jeff under his wing for so many things. Once he took him turkey hunting and called up a nice bird. Jeff RUINED the opportunity when he raised his gun at lightening speed. Yikes! It’s a wonder UJ didn’t knock him out. Instead, he just laughed at him and has NEVER let him live it down. (and I don't think he has invited him turkey hunting again, either. Ha!)

DSC_8025 DSCF0007 - Copy DSCF0045 - Copy DSCF0046 - Copy DSCF0065 DSCF0066 DSCF0147 IMG_0060 IMG_0081 IMG_0181 ry%3D400bb soccer, Christmas 2007 6th bday 213 Springsummer 07 051

We are blessed with SO many fathers.I love each of them so much. My girls are blessed with wonderful fathers and father figures. There is NOTHING that can replace a father.

I don't have a picture on my computer, but I would be remiss if I didn’t mention Granddad. I always looked forward to his visits. He was SO fun. i can just her him now playing cards at our kitchen table. I miss his so much!

Another picture I don’t have is Jeff’s Papa. I have never met him, but Jeff calls him weekly to talk to him. I look forward to meeting him soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful posting!
Happy father's day to all those great Dads!

Love Caro XXX

Hope said...

Love our McMichael fathers!

Oh yeah - and Jeff too (but you're one of us now anyway!)