CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dairy Festival and More

The first Saturday in June always bring the Dairy Festival to our town. The festival is full of food, parades, booths, and rides. This is the weekend known for class reunions and family reunions.

 

Daddy always puts his restored tractors in the parade. This year he had 5 in it. Jade did not drive in the parade, but she has big plans to one day.

 DSC_1132 DSC_1133

AMS drove the Allis Chalmers that is now Uncle Carlton’s.

DSC_1135

Poo Poo (sorry, IDK his real name) drove the John Deere.

DSC_1136

 

Hope drove the Cub.

 DSC_1137

Pop drove the case.

 DSC_1140

It was SO hot. My sunglasses literally broke while on my face. I heard a pop and the plastic around the lens broke. They were 3 years old. :(

DSC_1146

Jenna joined us. Thanks to Grandmama for bringing her.

 DSC_1160

Here are 2 of the top men who shaped my life: Pop and Mr.. Sheppard. Mr.. Sheppard was my high school ag teacher and I assure you I would NOT be a teacher today if not for him. This man has HUNDREDS of success stories.

 DSC_1161

Ur sheriff redid this old car. It is SO very neat!

 DSC_1166

 

 DSC_1167 DSC_1172

Our friend Anna placed in the beauty pageant this year. Jeff and I went to a cookout at her house on our first date.

 DSC_1173 DSC_1174 DSC_1175

What’s a parade without the Shriners?

 

DSC_1176

 

 DSC_1180 DSC_1181 DSC_1183

 

Strange…

DSC_1184 DSC_1186 DSC_1188 DSC_1189 DSC_1190 DSC_1192

After the parade, we went to a Farmer’s Market where Jade got a cookie. What a MESS! We then ALL took a 2 hour nap and then rode up to the Barrel Races at the Manley’s.

DSC_1195

I cooked appetizers and wild Rice Shrimp Casserole. Yummy! It was a near perfect day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking us to the Dairy Festival. I enjoyed all the pictures and comments. I love Jade chocolate cookie pictures. Her eyes are so beautiful.

Love Caro XXX

Anonymous said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THE BOW IN JADE'S HAIR.... LOL AUNT CAROL