Todd and Caro have been anxiously awaiting September 20 so that they could have the ultrasound and find out the gender of Baby Mac2. Todd’s insurance only pays for 1 ultrasound at the half way point of the pregnancy. Most of you remember that with Victoria Caro did NOT want to know the gender, but Todd did. So, Todd found out and truly kept it a secret from everyone. Almost everyone expected Victoria would be a boy. (I was one of the FEW who thought girl.)
This time, Todd and Caro were both PLANNING to find out the gender. We even did a pool voting on gender, birthdate, weight, etc. Monday was the day of the big scan…and…..
Baby Mac2 is a………….
HEALTHY BABY……
and that’s ALL we know! (for the record, I STILL say girl!)
She has a beautiful left hand. I wonder if she will be a lefty like Caro and Victoria?
Caro says that her profile looks NOTHING like Victoria’s did. Wonder who she will look like.
Here is a bottom up view. The technician said that she GUESSED it was a girl. (For the record, I have ALWAYS said girl.)
Here is her sweet face.
Now she just needs a name….Wonder what it will be.
She is due to arrive mid February. Poor Victoria will be the only one in the family who doesn’t celebrate that week. (Todd is Feb 11 and Caro is Feb 17)
I am VERY excited to meet my newest Niece. I sure wish they lived closer.
Todd and Caro: I have a GOOD idea. You see, we have a local lady who does fetal imaging for fun (although she is medically trained, too). She does the scan for like $100 and includes TONS of pics and a DVD video. I saw her twice with both of my girls and I wouldn’t trade that for ANYTHING. So here’s my idea: come to GA for Thanksgiving (or whenever) and get the scan done here. Fabulous!
I had 5 ultrasounds with Jenna and 7 with Jade. I guess my insurance will pay for as many as the doctor orders. I did have a couple extra each time because they were watching me closely for some random complications. I loved every chance I got to see them.
If this is a boy, I will be as surprised as everyone else was when Victoria was a girl. Nonni was so sure that Vic was a boy that when she did the draft of her Christmas card she was introducing the two newest grandbabies and she had:
We welcomed Jade Hilton Mullis 5-28-08 and Henry William McMichael is due to arrive any day.
Fortunately, she decided to change her mind and did not print the baby’s name. Everyone was SO SURE…HA! (except me!)
Baby Mac2, Aunt Jan is ready to meet you!





1 comments:
I love this! Well said ;-)
Victoria gets to share her birthday with baby Jesus :-)
I would love to go to GA for Thanksgiving but Todd is hunting and we are saving our traveling money for the wedding.
I'm pretty sure too that the baby will be a girl (patience, only 20 weeks to go).
Love Caro XXX
Post a Comment