CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Very Happy Day

Four years ago today, Jeff and I were married in a very casual beach wedding with 100 of our favorite people there to celebrate. The weather was perfect and the day went off without a hitch. (Well, there was a hurl or two by Todd and Anthony early in the day, but we won’t mention that. Oops, I just did. )
Prepare for picture overload.
The wedding was at 5pm. Early enough to be before the formal hour,  (I wanted NO part of anything formal.) but late enough to serve dinner and host a dance.

Derrick graciously played for the ceremony. He also sang the father- daughter dance.

We had our own paparazzi.

Caro was my MOH and she did a great job of looking after me.

Jenna is a PRO at being a flower girl. She was 5 at our wedding and this was her 4th time as flower girl.

Daddy and I preparing to walk down to the ceremony. (I’m not sure you can call sand and aisle.)

Daddy’s hair here cracks me up!

We had a little wedding vignette set up on the beach. I am so grateful to the beachgoers who left us alone and gave us space during the ceremony. Of course, many stood and watched, but they were so respectful.

Jeff gave Jenna a sweet sapphire cross necklace. My wedding rind is sapphire, so it matched.

We had all of our guests pray over shells and then we walked down to the ocean and tossed them in…in the middle of the ceremony. It sounded like a good idea, but I am not sure everyone got it. Who cares.

We took this group pic during the ceremony just after the shell toss.

Not quite married yet, but SO close.

Every marriage needs a lot of prayer.

This was the real kiss. Our photographer said that the pastor looked weird here, so she deleted him from the pic. Poor Mike.

I promise Jeff wasn’t singing to me.

Love this pic!

What a nose!

The McMichael family. We have added THREE new members in these 4 short years.

This picture is HILARIOUS! We look so happy- NOT!

The Mullis family. This family has THREE new members since then, too.

The best wedding party anyone could want.




I just adore my Jeff!










Anthony- You are next! May 21, 2011 Anthony and Ashley will be married. Jenna and Jade will be flower girls. This ought to be fun! I am SO excited for them.



We started out on a journey that day that has been a wild ride. We have good days, bad days, triumphs, and failures, but one thing will ALWAYS remain: WE ARE FAMILY and WE LOVE EACH OTHER!

I am so thankful for my sweet family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!
I might have do a OK job as a MOH but Aunt Carol save the day when she RAN to go get Jeff's ring. Thank you again Aunt Carol!!!

Love Caro XXX

Anonymous said...

Oh, the fun we always have! I enjoyed walking down memory lane. Beautiful pictures. Jan you are a beautiful girl and very special to me. Love all of you!! ac