After the zoo we pulled a BIG surprise for the girls, especially Jenna. She has wanted to go to the World of Coke for YEARS. We have promised and promised to take her, but have just not done it. We finally decided to do it on Saturday. We didn’t tell her until we literally bought the tickets at the door in case the line was too long, or there was some other issue.
We spent a few minutes hanging out in Centennial Park while Daddy bought our tickets. It was hot, but not too bad.
We had to wait about an hour total to get inside, but it was shaded, and we survived.
The SAY that they real recipe for Coke is housed at the WOC in a vault. You get to go into the area where the vault is located. It is kinda cheesy the way they do the security, but whatever.
Once inside these crazy doors open and here is the REAL vault that holds the only copy of the recipe. So they say. I am not convinced.
Jade was impressed!!!!
Jeff had gotten better with the camera by now.
After a really cool 4D movie, we got to the room that is the highlight of the tour- the tasting room. All I have to say is- Be proud to live in North America. Coke products STINK in other places!
Funny thing is, when I was a kid and went to WOC, I remember Italy being a nasty taste. It still is HORRIBLE. I spent a few minutes just standing back watching unsuspecting tourists take a big swig out of the tap. I would laugh my butt off as they drank that Nyquil tasting stuff. Funny stuff! (Yes, I gave it to Jeff and told him how GOOD it was. ) Rest assured he would have done the same to me if he had found it first.
We agreed that WOC is over priced and a tourist trap, but we are glad that we kept our promise to Jenna. We did have a LOT of fun as a family. It was a good day full of many memories.





0 comments:
Post a Comment