CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Babyland General

On Saturday, January 14, Jeff had a quick trip that he needed to make to Cleveland, GA. When he asked if we would like to ride with him, I told him that I would like to surprise the girls with a trip to Babyland General Hospital- home of the cabbage Patch Kid. We didn’t tell the girls until we pulled into the parking lot. They have recently built a new hospital, and the place is HUGE! When we walked in the lobby, the first thing I said was, “This smells like my 4th grade Christmas morning!” (for the record- that was the year Santa loaded me up with Cabbage Patch toys. Oh, and I’m a keen smeller.)
I LOVED looking at all of the soft face dolls. Nonni made a few of these dolls. After looking at the CPK originals, Nonni was pretty darn good. I think she missed her calling. (ok, so maybe her first doll, Lightening, was a bit askew, but the rest were good!) I will do a post on those soon-  Nonni, txt me a pic of Lightening.
DSCF0089DSCF0067DSCF0068DSCF0069DSCF0070DSCF0071DSCF0072DSCF0073DSCF0074
We enjoyed looking at all of the personalities of the dolls. The hairstyles alone were hilarious. So fun! Everything was interactive for the children.
DSCF0075DSCF0076DSCF0077DSCF0078DSCF0079DSCF0080


I love how the hospital has their staff dress in scrubs. The dolls are treated like real babies. Every so often in the Cabbage Patch, a new baby is born. The doctor comes out and helps to deliver the new baby from Mother Cabbage.
DSCF0081
See the screen behind the doctor? Well, he does an ultrasound on Mother Cabbage to determine if the baby will be a boy or girl. The screen turn pink for girl, and blue for boy. We were there for the birth of a girl. Poor Jeff, he can’t even get a boy at the Cabbage Patch.
He checks everything out…
DSCF0082
and then delivers the baby…
DSCF0083

DSCF0084DSCF0085
We don’t have good pics of the dolls that we bought, but Jade got her first CPK. She got one made at the hospital, but with a plastic face. (We were not paying $$$ for the cloth faced ones!) She named her Victoria Sophie, but calls her  SoSo for the most part. (Sometimes Victoria)
Jenna got a smaller doll since she doesn’t play with them as much anymore. She chose a doll from the Asian Cabbage Patch Smile (aka less $$) called a “Surprise Baby”. In the box you couldn’t tell if the baby was a girl or a boy. Three guesses what she got….ok, fine only 2 guesses….GIRL!
and she came with a name…Regena Melba. (We got a kick out of that name. Jenna calls her Re.)
DSCF0086DSCF0087DSCF0088
It was a great day.

0 comments: