CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

SURPRISE! A Trip to Destin!

Last Wednesday night around 8:30pm, AC called and asked us if we wanted to go to Destin, Florida with her THE NEXT MORNING! Wowzers! Yes, we want to go but all circumstances said, “No!” Every excuse I threw out AC and UJ had a remedy for, so I did what anyone would do…packed our bags! (Jeff had to work. Sad smile)

It’s nearly a 7 hour drive, but with some extra stops, and a Wal Mart run, we made it in 8 hours. The kids (and AC) were well behaved, and the trip was pleasant. Luckily, we gained an hour by heading that far west.

I had not been to Destin in 21 years. It was just as beautiful as ever. I have been to PCB and St George Island in recent years, but I think Destin in my fav!

DSC_0239

We were in town only a few minutes before we hit the beach.

DSC_0136

AC busted out this old school radio, and Jenna didn’t even know what it was!

DSC_0141DSC_0143DSC_0147DSC_0150

 

DSC_0152

See that building in the back? That’s the condo. My toes were in the water when I took this pic. When Destin says, “house on the beach” they mean ON THE BEACH!

DSC_0154DSC_0159DSC_0161DSC_0165DSC_0166

I forgot my hat and ended up with this floppy thing from the condo.

DSC_0171DSC_0173DSC_0176DSC_0177

We spent every day on the beach. We would go out early (even in the rain!) and then come in for lunch. We ate out a couple times for lunch.

DSC_0182DSC_0187

We then would go back to beach and play until 7pm or after. The girls had so much fun! (I did, too!)

DSC_0200DSC_0201

 

Jenna got her first air brushed t-shirt. It’s a gulf coast tradition, I think.

DSC_0204DSC_0205DSC_0207DSC_0208DSC_0210DSC_0214DSC_0218

On Sunday morning Anthony and Ashley came in and we spent all day on the beach. UJ arrived later in the afternoon. After several more hours of beach fun, we headed to a yummy dinner.

DSC_0219DSC_0222DSC_0223DSC_0225DSC_0230DSC_0233DSC_0235

I have ZERO pics of UJ. I tried to not be tied to my camera so much this trip bc Jeff was not with us, and I had my hands full with the girls. I just tried to enjoy every minute, and not worry about pics. AC was a huge help with the girls and they were on their best behavior.

I drove home with the girls on Monday. I was REALLY nervous about the drive. I have never driven more than 6 hours EVER, especially alone. There were also several dead cell phone spots- one that was close to an hour long! UJ tracked us the whole way and kept tabs on us. Jenna’s phone was able to text in almost every spot, so we were safer than I expected. The girls were excellent on the ride home. We stopped only twice- once at the Florida line for a Subway and restroom. We ate in the car. Then we stopped again in Macon. Jade slept over 3 hours. I am SO thankful!

I am So very thankful for this vacation. This time last week, I had no idea that I was about to go on a wonderful vacation. How sweet!

Many, many thanks AC and UJ! Enjoy the rest of your vacation. (but you won’t read this until you return since there is no Internet at the beach.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How nice. You guys are so lucky. I love all the pictures. Thank you for sharing!

Caro XXX

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing all the pictures even though I was there. I had forgotton about the wal mart fun....Love yall....ac